1. To slake, satisfy, or allay (thirst, desires, passion, etc.).
2. To put out or extinguish (fire, flames, etc.).
3. To cool suddenly by plunging into a liquid, as in tempering steel by immersion in water.
4. To subdue or destroy; overcome; quell: to quench an uprising .
5. Electronics. To terminate (the flow of electrons in a vacuum tube) by application of a voltage.
This one maybe a familiar word to most but never the less I would like to present this word today. Here is an example of how I would use the word.
"In his everlasting days no amount of exquisite food nor philandering with concubines could quench his perpetual thirst." -- Khadija