Words

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

"I write when I dream and I dream when I write."

~Khadija Craddock

Monday, June 9, 2014

Word Of the Day! How Would You Use it in Everyday Context


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi-w0zrOlxrq7GeA4nV50bN1o6r5X4r_nVpJNed_5gQAkFdkmW9IErl3mPPiZQUQeGBkmHWeubVMgWkXJWse13aE9TOg66QN6SJcTdyAsnX3C6VUSYaED_OEMvxfS1eT8jzi-_gLabBINU/s1600/dictionary.jpg Word Of The Day

How Would You Use This Word?

Embroil- verb

  1. to bring into discord or conflict; involve in contention or strife.
2. to throw into confusion; complicate.

Sentence:


It is not my nature to involve myself with such lunatics in my school who wish to only embroil those unlike them into the pattern of being bullied because they rather study than wear high heels and make-up.

Terry embroiled herself into the passionate whims of Cooper; even though, her friends advised her he was a heart breaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment