Words

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

"I write when I dream and I dream when I write."

~Khadija Craddock

Monday, December 3, 2012

Word oF the Day


Alexipharmic


 

a·lex·i·phar·mic


[uh-lek-suh-fahr-mik] 

adjective
1.  warding off poisoning or infection; antidotal; prophylactic.
noun
2.  an alexipharmic agent, especially an internal antidote.



adj
1. acting as an antidote

n
2. an antidote



Use this in a sentence to spice up your conversations or writings. How would you use it in a sentence? Please do tell!

"I was incredulous from the start, but even with this knowledge I had to go and retrieve the alexipharmic elderberry from the Cimmerian Forest; it's that or death." --Khadija Craddock

No comments:

Post a Comment