Words

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

"I write when I dream and I dream when I write."

~Khadija Craddock

Monday, May 26, 2014

Word Of the Day: How Would You Use It in Everyday Context?

I love to learn new words but sometimes remembering the new words isn't as easy as one would like; given the many distractions in life. It's so much easier to just scroll to the list of words so readily available and overly used in your mental catalog, but what fun is that. I find it easier to remember a word if you are able to put it in a few sentences. So Lets learn some new words together.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi-w0zrOlxrq7GeA4nV50bN1o6r5X4r_nVpJNed_5gQAkFdkmW9IErl3mPPiZQUQeGBkmHWeubVMgWkXJWse13aE9TOg66QN6SJcTdyAsnX3C6VUSYaED_OEMvxfS1eT8jzi-_gLabBINU/s1600/dictionary.jpg Word Of The Day

How Would You Use This Word?

Bel-esprit bel-es-PREE noun- a person of great wit and intellect.

My sentence:

Among the suits and gowns of idiots she is the bel-esprit of the ball. 

What is your sentence? 

No comments:

Post a Comment