Words

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

"I write when I dream and I dream when I write."

~Khadija Craddock

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Poem of the Day

Below
 
Darkness creeps up like a wave for me to ride on a splintered board.
The board breaks and I fall.
I know I will drown for sure, once the current takes me under.
I can't swim in this murky thicket of  pain and disappointment .
My arms flailing about the bumpy ocean,
I try to Grab onto its skin to hold myself up,
but my arms sink through like trying to hold a ghost.
Soon this dance will end as the lyrics
swirl around me rhythmically singing
your not good enough, you don't do this
pretending they know everything but indeed their reality is not mine. 
Then the music stopped and the dance ended and the waves beat ferociously overhead
as I watched from below in darkness.







No comments:

Post a Comment