Words

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

"I write when I dream and I dream when I write."

~Khadija Craddock

Thursday, June 5, 2014

POETRY THURSDAY!

Hello Welcome to the third installment to Poetry Thursday. I hope you like it. As usual comments are welcome and sharing is encouraged. If you have a poem you would like share with everyone please feel free. WE would LOVE to read it.


http://students.ou.edu/W/Julie.A.Ward-1/pics/poetry.jpg 

He is the Truth


He painted the truth with his tongue
My thighs quivered
As he delivered
Word by word
Verb by verb
Every syllable fiddled 
my skin making me grind
I wanted to
How could I
What is this
liquid deliciousness 
leaking from his truth
his dark skin making
me bend in ways 
I didn't think my mind possible
I need him 
in me
at all times of the day


No comments:

Post a Comment