Words

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

"I write when I dream and I dream when I write."

~Khadija Craddock

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Interview on iAuthor

Hello beautiful people. With the re-release of Awakened I aim to reintroduce the book. I have made many changes and although I have edited about 100 times, I went out and got it edited. Learn more about me and Awakened by checking out my author interview on iAuthor. Here is a sneak peek:

What inspires you to write?

I’ve always been creative since birth; it’s embedded in my genes. Thank you mom and dad. My parents are very artistic and creative and so are all my siblings. Writing was something that I was drawn to in lieu of drawing and painting like my twin sister. I get inspired by my dreams and the idiosyncrasies of people. I love to observe people. My students are also a big inspiration to my writing. Teenagers are so dynamic and raw. I could be driving or in the waiting room at the doctor’s office, any where and get inspired by a person’s behavior, the words they speak, their gait, their name, their physical appearance, or even a smile.
 
Tell us about your writing process.

I start with an idea, a character, a sentence or a paragraph that came to me. I document that in Microsoft’s OneNote. I can’t live without it. I use OneNote to outline my characters, plots, settings, ideas, pictures. I think of my main characters wants and needs and I physical appearance. Then I do research. It’s imperative for me to do research on the subject and the setting ; at well as, know my...read more

No comments:

Post a Comment