Words

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

"I write when I dream and I dream when I write."

~Khadija Craddock

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Poetry Thursday


Hello Welcome to the second installment to Poetry Thursday. I hope you like it. As usual comments are welcome and sharing is encouraged. If you have a poem you would like share with everyone please feel free. WE would LOVE to read it.

Leak


Inky fingers pried
my ribs open.
My heart lurched
loud
in ear.
Blink.
Liquid fills hands
pools over
as I try to
close chest.
Blink.
Choke.
Leak.
Pour.
Out.
Legs wobble
gait usteady.
Can't reach exit
blocked by contentment.
I witness
my own
witlessness
I'm dripping
on this
hardwood
Blink.
Feet slips
underneath.
Fall
on back
heart detach
rolls
across room
he picks it up
and eats it.
Blink
my
last
breath
I reach
the only time
I fight
for my
heart back
hands
fall
limp.

-Khadija Craddock c. 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment