Words

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

"I write when I dream and I dream when I write."

~Khadija Craddock

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Addicted to Gossip Girl and Korean Dramas

I need rehab from my old fav Gossip Girl. While waiting for my laptop adapter to arrive, with the inability to finish editing my book, I rediscovered Gossip Girl on Netflix. As if it wasn't masochistic enough to be up all hours of the night watching Korean dramas instead of working on my book, while breastfeeding I now watch the false life of elitist young adults in New York.  I guess I can't resist schemes and fashion, and cute Korean  romantic plots and Asian fashion. At least I did try to pay attention to story development while in my state of obsession whilst drowning in my tears and ooohs and ahhs and chastising the characters for there unwise decisions as if they could hear me. I too hope that my stories will engage the reader and make it interactive enough for the reader to identify with the story and characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment