Words

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

"I write when I dream and I dream when I write."

~Khadija Craddock

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones but Words Will Never Hurt Me!!!

 
Words may be arbitrary but like most of us, while growing up were taught that sticks and stones may break our bones but words will never hurt us. Although it's a great tactic to teach your kids to have lizard skin, I believe words have the power to break your bones as well as your heart. Words have the power to change nations, to start wars, to end wars, to make money, or destroy. I have had my bones broken by words and I have sliced skin with my words as well as own  a heart or two. Do you think words have such powers or is it as most was taught, words could never hurt us? What do you think?
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment