Words

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

"I write when I dream and I dream when I write."

~Khadija Craddock

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Interesting Characters of Real Life

So this morning I was driving to my twin sister's job. As I was idle at the intersection to make a left turn on to the cross street, I had to wait for a woman to walk by. This woman's hair was styled in way that resemble that of a child; a pony tail at the top crown of her head the other half of her hair was loose. She was wearing a grey well used fleece sweater and blue denim jeans, and she appeared nice enough in the face. By that I mean she wasn't scowling or the likes, she looked... happy. As I inched closer to the street I needed to turn on, I just happened to look down at her feet  because her stride was lumpy. I was taken aback by what I saw. She was wearing pink Ugg- like boots that were overly worn, but that's not the odd part, shoes get dirty that happens to the best of us. It was how she was wearing them that threw me for a loop. Her feet were off to the side as if she didn't get a chance to put them on all the way before she left the house. Instead of pushing her feet all the way down to the bottom where the feet goes, she stopped short and was walking on the shaft of the boots instead of the soles. Hey at least she was happy.


Stay tuned for other interesting characters of real life. .....

No comments:

Post a Comment