Words

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

"I write when I dream and I dream when I write."

~Khadija Craddock

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thoughts From the Rain

As I was walking to Walgreens in the rain - my black high waist harem pants and "Joy" crop tee started to become my second skin- I had thoughts of my almost finished YA novel course through me with each drop of rain against my skin and my clothes. Those thoughts kept me company. Then once I got there they were close. LMBO. At least I was able to acquire new ideas for the book, even though I'm having a hard time stopping myself from editing and re-editing the content before I even finish. Boy this rain is loud but soothing, it's like a balm to my cerebral cortex. Allowing me to think more clearly, because lord knows there is much murk going on in the brain of mine at the moment. Any who! I have 73 pages completed and my prospective title is Awakened. I know, I know, yes I've realized that is an overdone title but it suits the plot so well. I can't think of another title. We shall see. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment