Words

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

"I write when I dream and I dream when I write."

~Khadija Craddock

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Poetry Thursday

So I have been doing poetry writing exercises on Wattpad via poetry forums. It has been a lot of fun. I would like to start doing the same thing on my blog. It's all in good fun; nothing too serious. So every Thursday I will post a poem. Here is the premiere of poetry Thursday. If you have a poem you would like to share please feel free to do so. I would love to read it. Comments of course are always welcomed.


You'll soon be lost to the night
gripping hands hold on to shoulders tight
pulling
descending
arms reaching but missing grasping only dust
macabre thoughts turn brain to rust
drain the sane from light to crust
crumble beneath the eyes
scented tears of innocence fill the cimmerian forest like musk

-- Khadija Craddock

No comments:

Post a Comment